As in the past, the educational series will focus on topic specific programing in the morning, while maintaining the popular "Town Hall" forum of local fabricators in the afternoon. Topics that will be discussed at this year's sessions include:
Stone Shop Management
- What business metrics a fabrication shop should be measuring.
- How to better diversify your customer base between residential, commercial and big box stores
- How to deal with customer service issues that arise at the customer's home
Stone Shop Administration
- What indicators your facility should forecast in order to better predict next year's market
- Create a plan for diversifying sales to ensure growth both this year and five years down the road
- Create a plan for finding and retaining top talent
Marketing in the Natural Stone Industry
- Get advertising directly to consumers who are ready to buy
- Streamline marketing and advertising efforts with proven solutions
The Stone Industry Education Series continues to receive strong support from a number of industry sponsors. The current 2015 sponsors include: Blanco, Braxton-Bragg, GranQuartz, Laser Products, Moraware, Park Industries and Prussiani USA, with several additional sponsors expected to be added in the upcoming weeks.
"We are delighted to present this expanded educational offering to our industry," said Jim Hieb, Executive Vice President and CEO of the MIA. Alex Bachrach, publisher of Stone World added, "With the quality of our educational programing continuing to improve, we are very thankful to the continued support from our sponsors."
The 2015 Stone Industry Education Series is as follows:
- February 18th -- Salt Lake City, UT at Arizona Tile
- March 26th -- Dallas, TX at MS International
- April 30th -- Chicago, IL at American Granite Company
- June 4th -- Edmonton AB at Mondial Granite & Marble, Inc.
- June 18th -- Denver, CO at Arizona Tile
- July 16th -- Kansas City, MO at MS International
- September 24th -- Boston, MA at MS International
- October 8th -- Los Angeles, CA at MS International
Sessions for fabricators and installers are $99 per person and include breakfast, lunch and a happy hour. For more information or sponsorship opportunities on the Stone Industry Education Series, please go to the Stone Industry Education website at: www.stoneindustryeducation.com.