"Business Success for Fabricators – Don’t Let Revenue Slip Away!" will take place on March 11 in
The entire focus of this event is an examination of what makes fabrication companies successful? Fabricators attending will gain insight into:
- Analyzing the cost of doing business
- Benchmarks for financial performance. This new component will cover executive summaries of both the 2007 and 2009 fabricator financial benchmarking surveys produced by the Profit Planning Group on behalf of the MIA. It highlights the differences between average and outstanding performing fabrication companies
- Discussion on diversifying your operations
- Equipment needs
- Marketing your company
- Value of being an MIA accredited natural stone fabricator
Industry veteran and MIA Vice President GK Naquin of Stone Interiors, will lead the residential discussion. MIA Board Member Rodney
This seminar will be hosted by Fred and Art Fano of MCA Systems in its
Additionally, "Using Natural Stone in Commercial Projects" will be presented on March 17 in
- Exterior stone cladding methods
- Specification compliance and how to not be caught off guard
- Practical tips about installing stone in commercial projects
- Becoming accredited as a commercial contractor
This session will be led by MIA Technical Director Chuck Muehlbauer, Indiana Limestone Institute Executive Director/Technical Director Jim Owens and MIA President and Accredited Commercial A Contractor Brett Rugo.
American Institute of Architects (AIA) members can attend the commercial class and receive 6 CEUs.
The schedule also includes events in
All of the 2010 programs will be held in wholesale slab distributor showrooms. MS International, Walker Zanger and Amsun & Ash have already committed to host 2010 seminars. Host site sponsorships are still available.
Registration is open for all 2010 events, and attendees can register online at www.stoneworld.com/miaeducation.
Limited opportunities to serve on the host committee for each city also exist. Learn more at www.marble-institute.com/getinvolved. Host committee members receive discounts to the seminars and other incentives, including $100 of free merchandise from the MIA bookstore.
Several leading equipment and supply companies are sponsoring the 2010 seminar series including: GranQuartz, Laser Products, Northwood Machine, Schechner Lifson Corp. and VIC International. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Learn more at www.stoneworld.com/miaeducation.