This industry event will feature three Northwood CNC machines running real parts, for real jobs for actual customers, as opposed to a typical sales demonstration. Attendees will be given an opportunity to see the machinery operate in a "real world environment," creating countertops and making money.
During the event, Northwood will showcase two different scenarios for countertop manufacturing. First, the updated Ultimate FabCenter (SW138-UFC) will be sawing slabs in the morning using the high-torque SmartSaw and profiling edges in the afternoon -- representing a small workcell all-in-one machine facility.
The other scenario features the dual-table SawJET technology feeding parts directly to the CNC router to be profiled -- producing up to 500 square feet per day.
Besides the machinery, many interesting topics will be up for discussion throughout the three-day workshop. These topics include:
- Advantages of the digital workshop
- The advantages of a laser templating system
- Operation of a "fab only" shop
- Sales and marketing, including the use of Internet tools
- Efficient small workcell production using the SW138-UFC -- Ultimate FabCenter
- High-volume production management of up to 500 square feet per day utilizing the dual-table SawJET and CNC router
Contact Robbie Tidwell at Northwood Machine (email@example.com or 502-267-5504) for more information, or register online with the Stone Fabricators Alliance at www.stonefabricatorsalliance.com.