Alpha Professional Tools® has re-designed the popular AWS-125 Wet Stone Cutter, which had changed the way we cut out sink holes using a manual cutting application. The ESC-125 was created based upon the feedback from fabricators in preparation for the new silica rule change by OSHA in 2017. To reduce the silica particles, Alpha added a dust cover on the side of the blade guard to redirect the dust from the cutting edge into an attached HEPA vacuum for dry dust removal. The ESC-125 is equipped with a newly designed waterjet system that delivers sufficient water to cool the cutting edge, as well as removes slurry from the cutting line ahead of the stone cutter. This system was designed to allow the user to use a 5-inch blade or smaller, regardless of the thickness and shape of the blade.
Equipped with the waterjet is a Hybrid Kink/Memory-Free Water Hose that comes with a quick disconnect garden hose adapter.
The new clamping system, located on the side of the blade, ensures cutting stability, whether doing a step cut 3cm sink hold cut-out or making a groove for the reinforcement rod with much smaller diameter blades. The ESC-125, along with the new Alpha® Guide Rail and Carriage system, can be used to ensure precise cutting. Features include:
- Powerful 1200W motor for use on granite, quartz surfaces, marble, limestone, concrete and sintered slabs.
- Water-feed supply eliminates harmful dust particles.
- Base plate allows guides to be used in multiple ways.
- Use for either wet or dry applications.
- New clamping system ensures cutting stability.
- Included self-stick felt strips protect work surface from scratches.
- Built-in GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter).
- Great for use with curve cutting blades.
Report Abusive Comment