NTCA announces the latest inductees into its Five Star Contractor Program
The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA), the world's largest tile contractors association, recently accepted two highly respected companies into its Five Star Contractor Program.
The NTCA is proud to announce that De Anza Tile of Fremont, CA, and Grazzini Brothers Company of Eagan, MN, have been approved for acceptance in this strong association company recognition program.
NTCA members who reach Five Star Company Recognition status must complete a comprehensive application involving a rigorous peer-approval process. Applicants must show a proven track record of success in tile and stone installation, business management and a strong commitment to training, service, quality, safety, fiscal responsibility and superior job performance.
Five Star Contractors are required to:
· Participate in annual conventions, tradeshows and meetings, and must demonstrate strict adherence to proven industry methods and standards.
· Provide written documentation supporting their business from vendors, customers, peers and even competitors.
· Maintain a workforce that employs a minimum of 10% of installers who have successfully completed the Certified Tile Installer test, administered by the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF).
The two new Five Star Contractors:
· De Anza Tile, a 2nd generation tile company, which has been in business for 36 years. The company believes proper training methods are vital to the future of both their company and its trade. Its employees are Union BAC local 3 apprenticeship-trained and ACT-certified. Owner, Rich Papapietro, has been a Training Trustee for the Joint Apprenticeship Training Center (JATC) since 2008. De Anza Tile has been a member of the NTCA since 2012.
· Grazzini Brothers Companyis a 4th generation tile company that has in business for 92 years. Grazzini currently employs 50 installers, which have each passed the Certified Tile Installer Program from the CTEF. Alan Grazzini, who is third generation, has been working in the family business since 1969 and is past president of the Tile Contractors Association of American (TCAA). Greg Grazzini, who is fourth generation, has been working in the family business since 1986. Grazzini Brothers Company has been a member of the NTCA since 2010.
"Our new Five Star Members now can add this prominent accreditation to their list of credentials," said Bart Bettiga, Executive Director of the NCTA. "They also have the added benefit of industry sneak peeks at new technologies and access to special Five Star Contractor Summit meetings giving them a leg up on their competition.”"
The tile industry believes strongly in the quality of workmanship offered by NTCA Five Star Contractors. Many tile manufacturers recommend Five Star contractors to their customers for challenging projects.
NTCA Five Star Contractors are listed in the TCNA Handbookfor Ceramic, Glass and Stone Tile Installation. In 2012, language recommending qualified labor and in particular, NTCA Five Star Contractors, was approved and inserted into the TCNA Handbook for tile and stone specification and installation. An excerpt:"Matching installer ability to the project at hand requires close evaluation of their experience, training, state licensing…and certification/credentials…emphasizing the inclusion of qualified labor on tile and stone installation projects."