This year's selection committee is comprised of:
- Barry X Ball -- Acclaimed Sculptor
- Harvey Citron -- Sculpture Department Coordinator, New York Academy of Art
- Oriano Galloni -- Oriano Galloni Foundation, Sculptor
- Bruce Gitlin -- CEO Milgo/Bufkin, Chair of Pratt Institute's Board of Trustees
- Sara Lopergolo -- AIA, Partner, Selldorf Architects
- Mark Mennin -- Acclaimed Sculptor
- Antonio Pio Saracino -- Italian Architect, Designer
- Ippolita Rostagno -- Founder & Creative Director, Ippolita Jewelry
- Kenneth Saretsky -- ABC Worldwide Stone
- Barbara Segal -- Acclaimed Sculptor
- Annabelle Selldorf -- FAIA, Principal, Selldorf Architects
- Stephen Shaheen -- Acclaimed Sculptor, Mentor
- Jonathan Tibett -- Proprietor, ABC Worldwide Stone LLC
- Julie Trebault -- Director of Public Programs | Archtober Deputy Director for Programs, AIA-NY
- Lilian Weinreich -- AIA, RAIA, Principal, Lilian Weinreich Architects
In order to facilitate the decision of the judges, the New York Academy of Art will host the panel for a viewing of the students' work at the Academy. Additionally, students will submit an artist statement -- up to five images from their portfolio and their resume for consideration.
Two winners will be selected and sent to spend two weeks at Studio Corsanini in Carrara, Italy, to study with master sculptor and mentor, Stephen Shaheen. At the foothills of the Apuan Alps there are several workshops like Studio Corsanini that continue to share their knowledge of the material and their experience in sculpting as well as their heritage and artistic sensibility to carve incomparable pieces varying in size from a few dozen centimeters to gigantic realizations made of several tons of marble. It is in this context that the prize winners have the opportunity to learn and to live a unique, unforgettable experience. The sculptures will then be displayed in New York by ABC Stone at its New York Academy of Art exhibition in the Spring of 2015.
For more information, please contact: Lyndsey Belle Tyler, Director of Integrated Marketing, ABC Stone, at email@example.com or 718-389-8360 ext. 230.