In addition to its headquarters in Cachoeiro de Itapemirim, Mag Ban also has branches in Minas Gerais, Bahia and the north of Espirito Santo, with its own quarries, plants and logistical support. Its stone-processing facilities feature state-of-the-art equipment from Italy.
Mag Ban currently operates a total of 16 quarries, and they are located in three different Brazilian states —Minas Gerais, Espírito Santo and Bahia. Combined, these quarries yield 1,200 cubic meters of material each month.
The quarry operations employ a total of 125 workers, and each site works with a close eye on the environment. Eco-conscious activities at the quarries include the following:
- Water preservation
- Protection of the Permanent Preservation Areas
- Deployment of a Solid Residue Management Plan, generated by the mining activities
- Implementation of a Wastewater Management Plan, with containment of any water impurities resulting from the mining activities
- Following an Area Recovery Plan, which focuses on recovering all mined areas, through topographic recomposition and revegetation, simultaneously performed along with the Mine Closing Plan
- Continuous monitoring of the recovered areas