BSI and MIA enter two-year joint venture agreement
OBERLIN, OH and CHESTERTOWN, NY -- The memberships of the Building Stone Institute (BSI) and the Marble Institute of America (MIA) have made the decision to enter into a two-year joint venture agreement together. Effective January 1, 2016, for two years, MIA and BSI will operate as a consolidated organization, while maintaining individual identities.
Of 222 eligible voters from BSI, 103 votes were cast (46.3%), with all but one member voting in favor of the arrangement. On the MIA side, 417 votes (31.5%) were cast of 1,323 eligible voters. All but 21 members voting in favor of the arrangement.
The boards and staff of the two organizations have been busy reviewing and combining operations in anticipation of this decision, and are excited to put plans into play immediately.
2016 membership renewal now ensures enrollment in the joint venture organization giving both memberships access to shared benefits such as:
- a natural stone resource library
- safety training resources
- the online learning university
- a powerful natural stone promotional campaign
- online access to human resource and business documents
- an evolving stone design manual
- Tucker design awards and Pinnacle awards programs
- annual convention and study tour
- increased advertising and distribution for Building Stone magazine
- regional member chapters with special events
- increased legislative advocacy
- combined staff and financial resources.