The Marble Institute of America (MIA) has opened its 2015 Awards Program Call for Entries. The Call for Entries signifies that the MIA is now accepting entries for their various awards. These highly coveted awards honor and recognize natural stone companies, natural stone professionals and architects from around the globe.
The 2015 MIA Awards consists of:
Pinnacle Awards — presented to companies whose projects’ beauty, creativity, ingenuity and craftsmanship exemplify professional mastery in the use of natural stone in commercial and residential environments. Again this year, with the generous support of Informa Exhibitions, all Pinnacle Award of Excellence and Merit winners have the opportunity to invite an architect from the firm involved in their winning project to StonExpo/Marmomacc Americas 2016. The Pinnacle Awards consist of six separate categories:
• Commercial Interior — sponsored by Mapei
• Commercial Exterior — sponsored by Mapei
• Residential Interior/Exterior — sponsored by GranQuartz
• Kitchen of the Year (new this year) sponsored by GranQuartz
• Bath of the Year (new this year) sponsored by GranQuartz
• Renovation/Restoration — sponsored by Coldspring
• Grande Pinnacle Award — sponsored by Marmomacc and presented to the best project across all categories. Again this year, Marmomacc will present a Grande Pinnacle Award to an architect from the firm involved in the winning project.
• Natural Stone Craftsman of the Year Award — sponsored by Polycor, Inc. & TexaStone Quarries, the award singles out one craftsman who has physically performed outstanding stone fabrication and/or installation over a period of many years.
• Migliore Award for Lifetime Achievement — established to recognize an individual who has made extraordinary contributions to the natural stone industry and the MIA. The award is named for MIA’s long-time Technical Director, the late Vincent R. Migliore, who was its first recipient.
• Natural Stone Scholarship Award — sponsored by Coldspring, it provides educational opportunities for aspiring fabricators, installers or administrative apprentices interested in furthering their careers within the natural stone industry. The scholarship covers travel and registration costs for one or more recipients to StonExpo/Marmomacc Americas and MIA’s annual meeting.