HOLLIS, NH -- The Natural Stone Council (NSC), a collaborative organization representing business and trade associations serving the natural stone industry, has announced the ever-growing repository of natural stone information available on its Web site – www.GenuineStone.org.
“The NSC is building an impressive library of knowledge, research and information, particularly with regard to the hot topic of sustainability, that we would like to share with the industry,” said John Mattke, Chairman of the NSC’s Sustainability Committee.
As an example, based on two years of research and assessment in partnership with the University of Tennessee's Center for Clean Products and Clean Technologies (CCPCT), the NSC is able to share a variety Best Practices, Case Studies and Material Fact Sheets on the site.
- Best Practice: Water Consumption, Treatment, and Reuse
- Best Practice: Site Maintenance and Quarry Closure
- Best Practice: Solid Waste Management
- Best Practice: Transportation (expected June 2009)
- Case Study: Application of Green Building Certification Programs to Natural Stone
- Case Study: Durability of Stone Flooring in High Traffic Areas
- Case Study: The Use of Reclaimed Stone in Building Construction
- Case Study: Solar Reflectance of Natural Stone (expected June 2009)
Material Fact Sheets The one-page (double-sided) documents summarize regions of deposits worldwide, physical properties, applicable ASTM standards, as well as environmental data and human health considerations.
- Material Fact Sheet: Granite
- Material Fact Sheet: Limestone
- Material Fact Sheet: Marble
- Material Fact Sheet: Sandstone
Additionally, visitors to the site will find information on green building standards, residential and commercial projects using stone and general information about natural stone and its benefits. Access to the Web site is free and does not require any log in.