ITSS Las Vegas Shows Signs Of Growth
The third edition of the International Tile & Stone Show (ITSS) Las Vegas recently took place at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center from October 21 to 23, 2004. The exhibition attracted a number of exhibitors and attendees, and has shown steady signs of growth since its beginning.
Displays included goods and services representing stone, machinery, ceramic tile and associated products from all over the world. Many hands-on demonstrations of fabricating equipment, tools and accessories were also given. Additionally, products for stone installation, maintenance and restoration were also exhibited at ITSS.
According to many exhibitors, it was not the quantity but quality of the attendees that made the show a success. These manufacturers of machinery, tools and accessories said that there were a significant number of visitors who came with intentions to make a purchase.
For the first time at ITSS, educational seminars were offered. These discussions, which were free of charge, were held after the close of the exhibition floor on the event's second day. The organizers of ITSS stated that hosting the seminar program after show hours maximized the exhibitors' and attendees' opportunity to interact and conduct business with each other.
Before the seminar program began, a networking cocktail reception was held to allow buyers and fabricators to mingle with the owners of important industry companies. The seminars included:
- CNC Technology: To purchase or not, a panel discussion with Renato Meiohas of AGM; Phil Mularoni of Marmo Meccanica; Dennis Emslander of Park Industries; and Saba Vasanthan of CMS/Brembana
- Abrasive Water Jets -- Staying Competitive in the Stone Industry, presented by Dr. John Olsen of OMAX Corp.
- Restoration of Stone, presented by Joseph Salvo of Miracle Sealants
- Fabrication Technology, sponsored by Granite City Tools and presented by Fred Hueston
- Where to get the money you need now, presented by Peter Chipouras of Leasing Advantages
- Edging Machines -- Inline and Vertical, presented by John Bergman from Bergman Blair and Ken Van Pelt, vice president of IGE Solutions
The next edition of ITSS is scheduled for March 31 to April 2, 2005, in Miami, FL, followed by ITSS New York, which will be held from July 14 to 17, 2005, at the Jacob Javits Center, New York, NY.