- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- Product Reviews
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bath
- Exterior Architecture
- Hospitality & Commercial Design
- Mosaics & Decorative Tile
- Trade Show Reviews
- Architect/Designer Interviews
- Green Design
This industry event will feature three Northwood CNC machines running real parts, for real jobs for actual customers, as opposed to a typical sales demonstration. Attendees will be given an opportunity to see the machinery operate in a “real world environment,” creating countertops and making money.
During the event, Northwood will showcase two different scenarios for countertop manufacturing. First, the updated Ultimate FabCenter (SW138-UFC) will be sawing slabs in the morning using the high-torque SmartSaw and profiling edges in the afternoon - representing a small workcell all-in-one machine facility.
The other scenario features the dual-table SawJET technology feeding parts directly to the CNC router to be profiled - producing up to 500 square feet per day.
Besides the machinery, many interesting topics will be up for discussion throughout the three-day workshop. These topics include:
• Advantages of the digital workshop
• The advantages of a laser templating system
• Operation of a “fab only” shop
• Sales and marketing, including the use of Internet tools
• Efficient small workcell production using the SW138-UFC - Ultimate FabCenter
• High-volume production management of up to 500 square feet per day utilizing the dual-table SawJET and CNC router
Contact Robbie Tidwell at Northwood Machine (robbie@northwoodmachine or 502-267-5504) for more information, or register online with the Stone Fabricators Alliance at www.stonefabricatorsalliance.com.