Resources Available for Silicosis Prevention and Safe Slab Handling
Oberlin, OH, October 15, 2019—The Natural Stone Institute has many resources available online to help combat the threat of silicosis and ensure safe slab handling. All safety resources are available free of charge courtesy of the Natural Stone Institute Safety Committee.
Available resources to combat the threat of silicosis include:
- Silica Exposure and Employee Safety Webinar
- Silica Exposure Control Plan for General Industry Document
- Silica Prevention Checklist
Available resources to ensure safe slab handling include:
- Safe Slab Handling course bundle
- Facility Safety Plan: Creating an Environment of Safety for Your Employees
- Safe Stone Shopping video for consumers
There is no place for complacency in the stone industry. Prevention and awareness are critical for all employees in our industry. Use the resources available to you to bring greater awareness to your team about these important issues, and remember that prevention can save lives.
All safety resources can be found online at www.naturalstoneinstitute.org/safety.