Industry Insights

A different type of Fabricator Case Study

February 8, 2012
As usual, in this edition of the Stone World Fabricator E-News, we are including two different "Fabricator Case Studies," which serve as example of how different shops operate, what machinery is in place and how their overall production is achieved.

Read More

The English Beat: Balancing safety and quality

December 13, 2011
A few days ago, I returned from a trip to the Lake District of England, where I got an in-depth look at the production of the region's unique slate materials.

Read More

Do fabrication shop owners still have skills?

November 10, 2011
A couple of weeks ago, I attended the Stone Fabricators Alliance (SFA) MegaWorkshop in the St. Louis suburb of Collinsville, IL.

Read More

Innovations for fabricators in Verona

October 11, 2011
For the past 16 years of my life, early fall has meant a trip to Verona, Italy, for the Marmomacc trade fair (believe me, I am not complaining).

Read More

The evolution of quartz surfacing

September 1, 2011
Before I get to the main point of this column, let me first state that I have historically considered myself a “stone purist.”

Read More

There's no substitute for craftsmanship

August 11, 2011
A couple of years ago, I generically referred to industry low-ballers as "hacks with rail saws."

Read More

Fabricators speak out on industry issues

July 12, 2011
Last month, I attended a session of the Marble Institute of America/Stone World education series in Boston, MA, where I also moderated a Fabricator Forum.

Read More

www.StoneWorld.com

June 15, 2011
I know it is a strange headline for an editor's column, but I am looking to draw attention to Stone World's new Web site -- www.StoneWorld.com -- because I think it is the most comprehensive source for stone industry information that you can find.

Read More

Taking a deeper look at 2010

May 31, 2011
At this time each year, the Stone World editorial department receives the year-end stone import and export statistics from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Read More

Revisiting shop and warehouse safety

April 30, 2011
When I was in journalism school, I was taught that the editor's column is the most valuable space there is. It is where I get to communicate directly with my readers and, on occasion, to speak from the heart.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

November 2013 Stone Products Gallery

Take a look at some of the latest stone industry products.

THE MAGAZINE

Stone World Magazine

April 2014 stone world cover

2014 April

In this month's issue of Stone World, check out an extensive preview of Coverings 2014, which will be celebrating its 25th anniversary in April. Also learn more about various types of limestone that were used to build private residences.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Contemporary Stone & Tile Design Magazine

CSTD_Spring2014_Cover.jpg

2014 Spring

This issue of Contemporary Stone & Tile Design includes our annual focus on Kitchen and Bath design

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Training Program

How formal is your training program for new employees?
View Results Poll Archive

The Stone World Store

How_To_Polish_&_Restore_Mar.gif
How to Polish & Restore Marble Flooring

This video will show you step-by-step how to resurface and polish marble flooring from grinding and removing lippage and scratches to achieving a highly reflective polish.

More Products

Italian Trade Commission Coverings exhibitor preview

Italian Trade Commission logo 2

The Italian Trade Commission is presenting a large group of the most innovative and internationally renowned Italian suppliers of dimensional natural stones. We hope your busy schedule will allow you to join us for a “genuine” espresso in booth N. 4045 and explore the exciting Italian natural stone resources offered by our exhibitors. Check out Italian stone producers exhibiting at Coverings 2014 here!

Stone Industry Education

stone industry educationStone Industry Education is sponsored by Stone World Magazine and Marble Institute of America. The SIE events will help you: strengthen your skills, build your business, and  increase profit in your shop.  Check out stoneindustryeducation.com to register for upcoming fabricator and installer seminars.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook logo Twitter  YouTube