Machine of the Month
Achilli ABS 3500 CE
Braxton-Bragg is the exclusive U.S. distributor for Achilli srl and its entire saw line, including the newest and largest saw, the Achilli ABS 3500 CE.
The ABS 3500 CE is a larger cousin of the popular Achilli MBS 3000, and like the MBS, the ABS also features a mobile bridge with gantry movement, motorized for travel on 3 axes. The head tilts manually from 90 to 45 degrees.
The ABS also features a larger table size, which allows for a maximum effective cut of 12 feet (x-axis) by 6 feet, 10 inches (y-axis). The ABS can use blades from 12 inches up to 20 inches in diameter (z-axis = 8 inches vertical travel).
The ABS fixed worktable measures 15 feet, 4 inches by 7 feet, 4 inches, and features a bed of replaceable marine plywood incorporating 54 hydraulically-operated Omni RollersT for easy slab positioning. A 15 mw laser guide comes mounted on the blade guard. With the ABS, there are no support walls to build. The ABS can be installed -- ready to run -- in about an hour.
Specifications and features:
- Handles large slabs
- Bridge/gantry movement
- Worktable surface 15 feet, 4 inches x 7 feet, 4 inches (4600 x 2200mm)
- Accepts up to 20-inch blade
- -foot length cut
- Powerful 15 HP motor
- Cut programming by means of a CNC axis control unit
- Laser guide
- Head rotation stops at four fixed positions: 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees
- Manual head tilt for bevel cutting
- Three axes motorized motion: x-axis = 12 feet (3700mm); y-axis = 6 feet, 10 inches (2100mm); z-axis = 8 inches (205mm)
- Hydraulic, multidirectional Omni RollersT
- Optional water tank, approximate capacity 161 gallons (620 liters) with built-in recycling pump