MIA Introduces Stone Safety Subscription Service
The first month of this service is free. Go to www.marbleinstitute.com/safety for details.
This program has been made possible by the hard work of MIA’s Toolbox Talk Committee, a subcommittee of the MIA Safety Committee. “These Toolbox Talks should be a major training component for every company that moves stone slabs by crane, forklift or other means,” said Chad Vadnais, Safety Manager at Daltile and Chairman of the Safety Committee. “Each and every Toolbox Talk has been reviewed and utilized by the individual members of MIA’s Safety Committee. I urge all stone companies to participate in this program and create an ongoing culture of safety in their organizations.”
Designed for companies of all sizes, the monthly e-packets include the following:
• One Toolbox Talk outline that addresses a recent accident that occurred in the stone industry. Because these accidents were investigated by OSHA, everyone can learn from the recommendations that have been made on how to avoid a similar occurrence.
• A second Toolbox Talk outline that addresses stone industry safety “best practices.”
• A safety checklist that includes recommended tasks that should be incorporated into every stone company’s safety program.
• The list corresponds directly to the topics addressed in the two Toolbox Talks offered for that month.
• A sign-in sheet to document those that attended each safety meeting for OSHA purposes and record retention.
• A safety-product feature highlighting a product or service available to assist companies with their ongoing safety efforts.
The MIA Safety Toolbox Talk Subscription Service is available to MIA members and non-members. For more information, contact Mike Loflin at email@example.com or follow the link at www.marbleinstitute.com/safety.