Other benefits of the 1 cm composite-reinforced slabs include:
• Easier handling, increasing productivity and lessening fatigue.
• Better adhesion of setting material than fiberglass and polyester resin-backed slabs.
• Great for full wall height backsplashes, saving time executing outlet cutouts on jobsites.
• Easier and faster to cut than 2 and 3 cm slabs, drastically preserving
• No warping or cupping — very flat and true, unlike quartz.
• Superior heat resistance over 1 cm quartz.
The 1 cm composite-reinforced slabs are produced at Polycor’s facility in Saint-Sebastien, Quebec, Canada. According to the manufacturer, in addition to traditional countertops application, they can be used as large as 9 x 5 feet for floor and wall cladding.