- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
The Tile of Spain brand is jointly managed by the Trade Commission of Spain in Miami, FL, and the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer's Association (ASCER) in Valencia, Spain. The tour will consist of six American journalists and the four "Reign in Spain" winners. The first half of the trip includes a few days exploring a region of Spain to immerse in the local culture, see notable sites and attractions that are of architectural and design significance and to gain a general understanding and appreciation for Spain. The latter half of the trip includes visiting Cevisama, factory and booth tours, and a press conference that is held during the exhibition.
Beginning November 1, 2010, interested parties can find more information and application forms at www.spaintiles.info. Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2010. The four winners will be notified by December 10, 2010.
· February 4th -- Leave the U.S. for Madrid, Spain.
· February 5 to 7th -- Travel to Zaragoza by Spain's Alta Velocidad Española (AVE), a high-speed train network which is on track to become the world's biggest network of ultra-fast trains. Spend several days exploring culturally and architecturally significant sites of Zaragoza.
· February 7th -- Travel to the remote Teruel, Spain for a glimpse of its exceptional Mudéjar architecture.
· February 8 to 11th -- Return to Valencia, the business epicenter of Spain's ceramic tile industry and the venue for Cevisama 2011. Spend a few days at the trade exhibition while also touring at least one ceramic tile factory.
· February 12th -- Depart for the U.S.
· Must be available for the duration of the tour which is from February 4 to 12, 2011.
· Must be an accredited architect or interior designer currently affiliated with AIA, ASID, IIDA or like professional affiliations.
· Must be an architect or interior designer currently living in the U.S.
· Must be willing to participate in all activities of the tour, within reason. There will be free time for exploring the cities on participant's own time, but most activities, meals and excursions are planned beforehand and are required.
· Round-trip airfare from the U.S. to Valencia, Spain
· Single occupancy hotel room for the duration of the stay
· All group transportation during the tour; does not include cab or bus fare for city exploration during free time
· Admission to scheduled attractions and trade show
· Some group meals