- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- Product Reviews
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bath
- Exterior Architecture
- Hospitality & Commercial Design
- Mosaics & Decorative Tile
- Trade Show Reviews
- Architect/Designer Interviews
- Green Design
This seminar has two parts:
The management class will be led by industry veteran and Marble Institute of America (MIA) Board Treasurer Tony Malisani and is geared towards: business owners, fabrication supervisors/managers, and other employees identified for succession planning within your company. Topics will include:
- Analyzing the cost of doing business. Learn more about how adjustments to your operating cost affect your ability to competitively price your product. Part of the morning session.
- Benchmarks for financial performance. Learn how your company compares to other fabricators from the most recent 2010 fabricator financial benchmarking surveys. Part of the morning session.
- Discussion on diversifying your operations. Obtain tips to expand your current offering of products and services. Part of the morning session.
- The impact of “digital age” technology. Explore what digital technology is in the countertop industry and the benefits and challenges of taking your shop digital. Learn about questions you should be asking your equipment suppliers to make sure you are prepared. Discover the impact on your staffing levels and training needs. This afternoon segment of the program will be dedicated to this discussion.
A 2-hour safety break-out class will be held from 10am to 12noon and will be led by safety experts from the MIA’s Stone Industry Safety Committee. This is the same committee that developed the newest industry safety video (Safe Stone Slab Handling II) which showcases best practices for safe stone slab handling – learn more at www.marble-institute.com/safety. Business owners who will be attending the management class are strongly encouraged to bring their safety managers and all employees who handle slabs to attend this break-out class. These attendees will receive:
- 3 safety outlines that can be taken back and shared with other employees at your company – each suitable to run your own safety meeting.
- Certificate of Attendance – great to document for your safety logs.
Each company attending will receive a complementary copy of the Safe Stone Slab Handling II video with their registration (a $249 value).