Tile of Spain invites architects and designers to "Reign in Spain"
December 4, 2009
VALENCIA, SPAIN -- Currently, Tile of Spain is looking for architects and designers to participate in its annual trip to Spain. Ideal candidates would be architects or interior designers who have an affinity for ceramic tile and can travel from February 5 to 13, 2010.
BackgroundTile of Spain is the umbrella brand managed jointly by the Trade Commission of Spain in Miami, FL, and the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer's Association (ASCER) in Valencia, Spain. These organizations host a delegation of media professionals to Spain, consisting of 10 to 12 American journalists. This free trip coincides with Cevisama, the International Ceramic Tile and Bath Furnishings Show held in Valencia. The first half of the trip includes a few days exploring a region of Spain to immerse in the local culture, see notable sites and attractions that are of architectural and design significance and to gain a general understanding and appreciation for Spain. The latter half of the trip includes visiting Cevisama, factory and booth tours and a press conference.
Call for ParticipantsThis year, for the first time, Tile of Spain is reserving a minimum of three spots on the tour for architects and/or designers. This is a free trip to Spain. The group will travel via Madrid to Granada on February 5, 2010 and will spend several days exploring such culturally and architecturally significant sites as the world-famous Alhambra Palace. On February 9, the group will travel to Valencia, the business epicenter of Spain's ceramic tile industry and the venue for Cevisama 2010.
How to qualify
- Determine your eligibility based on the qualifications listed below.
- Download and complete the application form at http://www.spaintiles.info/eng/index.asp
- Return application by deadline of December 23, 2009
- Participants will be selected based on eligibility and the quality of their answers completed on the entry form. Preference will be given to those with an affinity for ceramic tile as a building or design material or those who have used ceramic tile in past projects and/or plan to use ceramic tile in the future.
- Selected participants will be notified by January 8, 2010.
- Must be available for the duration of the tour which is from February 5 to 13, 2010.
Must be an accredited architect or interior designer with current affiliation with AIA, ASID and/or IIDA.
- Must be an architect or interior designer currently living in the U.S.
- Must be willing to participate in all activities of the trip, within reason. There will be free time for exploring the cities on participant's own time, but most activities, meals and excursions are planned beforehand and are required.
- Round-trip airfare from the U.S. to Madrid.
Single occupancy hotel room for duration of stay.
- All group transportation during the tour, does not include cab or bus fare for city exploration during free time.
- Admission to scheduled attractions and tradeshow.