The Marble Institute of America (MIA) is pleased to announce a new member benefit by offering an Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI) program. This program, administered by industry insurance leader Schechner Lifson Corp. (SLC), offers coverage in the event of a wrongful termination, age discrimination, sexual harassment and other employee/employer issues for MIA member firms in the U.S. at discounts much lower than other national programs.
“Programs similar to this one typically cost a company over $2,500 annually. We will be able to offer MIA member companies comparable coverage starting at $800, which can result in a sizable savings,” said SLC President, Marc Rosenkrantz. “All companies have exposure to employment claims. This program provides great value at an extremely low cost.”
Program benefits include:
• Coverage: $1,000,000 limit
• Low Cost Premium: typically around $800
• Toll-free loss assistance hotline: two free hours of legal consultation with a knowledgeable attorney on any matter that could potentially result in a claim
• Prevention resources: loss control information for company handbooks and other information to help prevent claims
• Third party exposure: coverage is provided when the claim results from third party exposure on an installation or jobsite (e.g. employee could potentially harass or discriminate against a customer)
“Over the years, SLC has made a real commitment to the stone industry by supporting industry initiatives, education, and finding insurance solutions for stone companies,” said Jeff Handley, MIA Member Relations Manager. “We are pleased to add this new member benefit, which for many will more than pay for their annual membership dues in savings.”
The MIA now offers discount savings programs on collections, credit card transactions, office supplies, lead referrals, shipping and utility costs.
For more information about this program, contact Marc Rosenkrantz at Schechner Lifson Corp. at 800-279-9368 or marcr@slcinsure
. You can also learn more at: www.marble-institute.com/membership/services.cfm