- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- Product Reviews
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bath
- Exterior Architecture
- Hospitality & Commercial Design
- Mosaics & Decorative Tile
- Trade Show Reviews
- Architect/Designer Interviews
- Green Design
"At American Olean, we are constantly re-evaluating our customers ' online shopping experience and applying the enhancements they need to complete their projects successfully," said David P. Warren, digital marketing manager, American Olean. "Our research indicates design products like tile and stone are commonly researched online prior to purchase, and we're confident our new Virtual Catalog and enhanced website will help our customers bridge the gap between browsing to purchasing. "
Through the Virtual Catalog's easy-to-use digital format, consumers can quickly browse an entire suite of products thanks to a searchable interface and interactive table of contents. The catalog also features an option to create a customizable PDF version based on the specific content users need. Another appealing feature is the social sharing tools integrated within the application. Users have the ability to share their own design inspiration from the catalog via email, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
American Olean's Virtual Catalog is also compatible with Android and Apple devices. Consumers can have a complete library of all American Olean products at their fingertips with the iOS App available for download on iTunes and Android App available for download on Google Play.
From the catalog, users can also navigate directly to the newly re-launched American Olean website for additional product information and dealer locations. The new website was designed with the findings of an extensive usability study, with enhanced features that provide simplified navigation, easier access to information and greater design inspiration.
Highlights of the new website include:
- Enhanced Design: To enhance overall web experience, American Olean removed the site's visual noise and amplified high-impact imagery, mapping to the style of Pinterest and Houzz, to help users bring creative visions to life.
- Home Page and Navigation: One of the features of the website is the new look and feel for the dropdown menus with reorganized labeling and imagery. This "mega menu" style allows customers to browse through a breadth of products with the ability to filter by look, product type or room.
- Location Finder: A revised location finder prompts visitors to share what type of customer they are, and tailors search results to their specific needs.
- Product Search and Results: The new product search system models a Google-style auto population and returns exact matches to the search terms. This is an improvement for American Olean customers looking for an individual tile as the previous site only offered product lines in groups.