BSI and MIA offer free CEU speaker workshop
Dear BSI member,
At StonExpo 2013, the MIA will be presenting workshops for architects and designers to earn CEU programs. Shown is the schedule for 2013.
We are so pleased that many of you have made the commitment to be at StonExpo! Jane Bennett and I have pledged to continue to look for ways that the MIA and BSI can collaborate on projects together.
One possible way is to join forces in the delivery of CEU programs to architects and designers. If you take a quick look at the attached chart, you will see a number of presentations that are utilized by MIA members. Just three years ago the number of available MIA programs was one-third of the current total. The number of presentations made in 2012 is already double that of 2011 -- how is this possible? The MIA has an enthusiastic speaker's bureau that meets face-to-face at both StonExpo and Coverings and are really engaged!
So we would like to formally extend to you an invitation to attend a Free 90-minute CEU speaker workshop. Here is what will happen at this session:
- Meet Sarah Kelly the CEU Administrator and Vince Moiso, MIA Education Committee Chair
- Meet other stone industry professionals who are giving CEU classes and exchange tips
- Learn about all the new presentations and resources available and how to access them
- Discuss updates that need to be made to existing presentations.
- Perhaps most importantly -- brainstorm new topic ideas that have a chance to be developed into brand new presentations.
The meeting details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 (at the Stonexpo event)
Time: 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Place: Mandalay Bay Palm E
RSVP to Sarah Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL: Expose BSI members to the easy-to-use, turn-key method of delivering CEU courses established by the MIA. Get BSI member feedback. Then Jane and Jim can come back to the BSI membership with a proposal for a collaborative win-win effort.
See you in Vegas!