- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- How do we become more profitable as an industry and as a company?
- How do we find and retain salespeople?
- How do we get the suppliers to understand fabricators' issues?
- Where is our industry's future; what are emerging issues for us?
- Seams and lamination issues
- Fabrication techniques -- polishing resin-treated slabs, engineered stone and exotics
- Small shop management -- job tracking and multi-tasking
- Layout setup for a new fabrication shop
The event also addressed shop safety. When Naquin polled the fabricators about the use of hard hats and safety vests when unloading and moving slabs, only a small minority of attendees reported it to be a regular practice. Naquin explained that these issues and many others can be resolved based on a voluntary OSHA visit, adding that OSHA authorities provide assistance to address shop safety deficiencies.
To learn more about MIA/Stone World Industry Education, visit www.stoneindustryeducation.com.