- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- Product Reviews
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bath
- Exterior Architecture
- Hospitality & Commercial Design
- Mosaics & Decorative Tile
- Trade Show Reviews
- Architect/Designer Interviews
- Green Design
A panel of high-profile design experts will judge and select three winning projects that feature Silestone natural quartz in a kitchen that not only reflects dynamic design, but also showcases a true passion for color. The grand-prize winner will receive an all-expense-paid, six-day trip to Spain and $2,500.
The Silestone Design Competition judging panel is comprised of leading designers who are renowned for inventive and colorful design, including:
• Kim Lewis, former designer for ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” and founder of Kim Lewis Design in Los Angeles. In six years with the primetime network show, Lewis designed the architecture, exteriors, interiors and landscape for more than 100 custom homes in 41 states.
• John Loecke and Jason Oliver Nixon, the design duo behind Madcap Cottage in New York City, whose creations reflect a respect for tradition tempered with bold splashes of color and playful patterns. Loecke was named by House Beautiful magazine as one of America’s Top 25 Young Designers.
• Mark Williams of Mark Williams Design Associates in Atlanta. With varied experience in residential and commercial design interiors, Williams has developed a diverse work portfolio including an outstanding array of kitchen and bath projects.
The Silestone Design Contest is open to all independent designers who have completed kitchen projects using Silestone natural quartz from September 2011 to September 2012. The call for entries ends September 30, 2012, and the winners will be announced on October 16, 2012. For complete contest details or to enter a project, visit Silestone's contest page.