- THE MAGAZINE
- CSTD MAGAZINE
- Product Reviews
- Interior Design
- Kitchen & Bath
- Exterior Architecture
- Hospitality & Commercial Design
- Mosaics & Decorative Tile
- Trade Show Reviews
- Architect/Designer Interviews
- Green Design
Already a leading supplier of slabs in Brazil, Granitos Itapoama Ltda. has expanded its operations in Rio Novo Do Sul, Espírito Santo, with the addition of three state-of-the-art multi-wire diamond wire saws from Italy. The machines were all purchased from Bideseimpianti, and they include three different versions:
• Gold 60 with 42 wires for producing slabs with a 3-cm thickness, placed in operation in April of 2011
• Gold 60 with 58 wires for producing slabs with a 2-cm thickness, placed in operation in April of 2011
• Gold 21 with 21 wires for producing slabs with a 1.5-cm thickness, which will be placed in operation in July of 2011
Moreover, overall quality will be improved as the thicknesses will be more accurate with less waste. The multi-wire saws are also better suited for cutting fragile materials.
From an environmental perspective, the saws allow Itapoama to avoid the use of saw blades, steel grit and lime associated with gangsaws, and it will also not be affecting the water with these elements. There is also no acoustic pollution, 85% less power required and an overall cost savings.
Ultimately, through the use of this new technology, Itapoama has set goals for improved production, enhanced delivery times, expanded markets and added material value, while also saving money and having less environmental impact.