New Products: September 2009
September 1, 2009
Miracle Sealants’ line of 511 products: Spray-on Grout Sealer, Impregnator, Porous Plus and Seal & Enhance have all been awarded SCS Indoor Advantage Gold™ certification.
Presented by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), the Indoor Advantage Gold™ standard recognizes building products that demonstrate conformance with the following indoor air quality and emissions criteria:
• For building products as specified in the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating Systems
• Sealant products evaluated to the South Coast Air Quality Management District Rule 1168, stating VOC limit of 250 g/L
• ISO Type 1 and Type 2 environmental labeling and declaration requirements
• Federal Trade Commission guides for use of environmental marketing claims
• The Collaborative for High-Performance Schools reference specification for energy and resource efficiency, section 1350 Special Environmental Requirements, Indoor Air Quality, based on California OEHHA chronic toxicity guidelines for air pollutants
Scientific Certification Systems is based in Emeryville, CA. Learn more at: www.scscertified.com.
The Omni Cubed Pro-Cart AT1, now available at Braxton-Bragg, provides a solution to the challenges associated with large and cumbersome countertop installation carts, the manufacturer reports. The cart is constructed from aluminum tubing, so it is strong and lightweight at only 46 pounds. Important for climbing stairs, the cart stays attached to the countertop when lifted and the 8-inch casters allow resting on stair treads. Pneumatic casters dampen vibrations and enable travel across rough terrain such as gravel or lawns. The wheelbase makes the cart very stable, even with large tops, and the cart’s high ground-clearance allows “popping of wheelies” over larger curbs. In many cases, one person can push and maneuver the cart by his or herself. Tops are secured by clamps located on each side of the cutout to reduce breakage in the middle. The optional upgrade kit enables the cart to be folded for easy storage (reduces cart width to only 9 inches). All Omni Cubed products are engineered, manufactured and assembled in the U.S. and are covered by a one-year manufacturer’s limited warranty, reports the company.
Domain Industries has introduced its new Bella line of sinks and the Bella Sink Package. Manufactured from true 16-gauge, laboratory-certified, 304 stainless steel, each Bella sink is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. The exclusive Bella Sink Package is offered with each 16-gauge sink and includes a protective bottom grid set, a deluxe strainer basket and a designer bamboo cutting board to complement each sink.
Additionally, three new models to its popular line of Santa Fe Glass Sinks have also been launched. The Carden (transparent), the Nevin (transparent black) and the Marcella (frosted white) expand the Santa Fe line to 19 colorful styles. Each vessel-mount Santa Fe sink is a unique and luxurious, one-of-a-kind piece that will artistically enhance any stone, solid surface or other premium countertop product, reports Domain Industries.