Newsline: COVERINGS ANNOUNCES NEW EARLY SHOW DATES FOR 2003

New show dates for Coverings 2003, the trade exposition for the ceramic tile, stone and floor covering industry, were recently announced this week by show management. The new dates of March 24 to 27 are considerably earlier than recent years, focusing on the philosophy that both exhibitors and attendees prefer to view new products as early in the year as possible.

The Coverings 2003 show venue will again be the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. Organizers report that the Orlando site has been named one of the most popular convention venues in the nation for both location and functionality.

"We were extremely pleased to be able to secure these early prime dates for Coverings 2003," said Bob Daniels, Chairman of Coverings 2002. "We have been trying for some time to reserve dates in the first quarter of the year, which is traditionally the busiest season for convention venues and is generally booked many years in advance. We feel very fortunate to be able to present these new early dates to our exhibitors and our attendees, and expect a very positive response from all concerned."

With 491,798 net square feet of exhibition space, an increase of almost 10% over 2001's figures, the 2002 edition of Coverings weighed in as the largest exhibition in the show's history, and it represented a global marketplace. The event was attended by 30,673 trade professionals, who were able to view the latest offerings from more than 1,350 Coverings exhibitors.

Geographical analysis showed that 70% of the show's attendees were from the United States, with the remaining 30% representing over 100 different countries around the world. In addition to the appearance of individual exhibitors from several countries never before represented at Coverings, the exposition featured the national pavilions of 14 different nations this year, more than ever in the show's history. (A full review of the event appears in the July 2002 issue of Stone World on pages 34-41).

For more information, contact Coverings at 11940 U.S. Highway One, Suite 200, North Palm Beach, FL 33408; Phone 561-776-0600 or 800-881-9400 (in the U.S.); Fax: 561-776.7466; E-mail: info@coverings.com; Internet: www.coverings.com.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Stone World 

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

Cevisama product gallery 2015

The 2015 edition of Cevisama was a showcase of the latest trends in tile design, including textured surfaces, colorful mosaics and worn concrete aesthetics

Stone World Magazine

Stone World April 2015 cover

2015 April

This issue of Stone World contains our annual “Report from Brazil.” In addition to articles on Granito Zucchi and Antolini’s operations, there are several other features on Brazilian stone producers as well as a review of the show, including a Stone Gallery of the many stones that were displayed on the exhibition floor.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Contemporary Stone & Tile Design Magazine

CSTD Spring 2015 cover

2015 Spring

In this issue of Contemporary Stone & Tile Design, we bring you our annual focus on Kitchen & Bath Design. From a beach-inspired bathroom design to a kitchen backsplash made of circular mosaic tile, the following are filled with illustrations of innovative and unique uses of stone and tile.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

STONE STANDARD

Are you aware of the new stone standard – ANSI/NSC 373 Sustainability Assessment for Natural Dimension Stone?
View Results Poll Archive

The Stone World Store

How_To_Polish_&_Restore_Mar.gif
How to Polish & Restore Marble Flooring

This video will show you step-by-step how to resurface and polish marble flooring from grinding and removing lippage and scratches to achieving a highly reflective polish.

More Products

Stone Industry Education

Stone Industry Education

From fabrication...to installation...to marketing and much more!  We provide natural stone professionals with stone knowledge and education they can count on, as well as great networking opportunities. Click here to go to Stone Industry Education.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook logo Twitter  YouTubeGoogle+

Stone Guide 2014

2014 Stone World Stone Guide

The directory for Stone, Equipment and Supplies - the single information resource readers turn to.