Expanding to satisfy customer demand

Brothers Anand and Babu Reddy founded Hindustan Marble and Granite of India and Hindustan Granite Inc. in the U.S. in 1986. Ten years later, a third brother, Vishwanath Reddy, joined the team, and he now handles all the global sourcing activities for the company. The Reddy brothers recently expanded their slab and tile processing facility in India to keep up with increased customer demand.

The brothers, who are supported by a team of experienced management professionals and engineers, built their company's business model based on strong relationships with quarry owners, factory owners, suppliers, distributors and fabricators. Over the last 19 years, these relationships have allowed the two companies to steadily grow into a major player globally.

With a careful study of market requirements worldwide, Hindustan Marble and Granite and Hindustan Granite Inc. work to ensure its growing clientele gets the best material available at competitive pricing, with reliable delivery.

Today, Hindustan Marble and Granite is one of the leading processors of granite and marble in India, and Hindustan Granite Inc. is a large supplier of containers and cut-to-size projects across North America.

Hindustan Granites Inc., based in New York with warehouses in Brooklyn and Long Island, is one of the only exclusive manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of natural stone slabs and tile in the tri-state region. Hindustan Granites does not fabricate anywhere in the U.S., which has given it “trusted supplier recognition,” according to Hindustan.

The Indian factory's export markets break down in the following percentages: U.S. 60%, Canada 15%, Europe 15%, and the rest of the world comprises 10%.

The company's manufacturing plant in India is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including a Candiani diamond wire saw for block trimming, two Barsanti Alcione 420 granite gangsaws, one Barsanti Alcione 600 granite gangsaw, one Barsanti marble gangsaw; a Barsanti GSE 220-18SP line polisher, a block tilting machine and a tile production line. The factory produces a total of more than 100 containers a month. Slab production is 376,000 square feet per month, comprising 70% of production, with the remaining 30% of production being slabs and cut-to-size work.

Hindustan Granite Inc. recently completed several installations in the U.S., including City Center Tower, White Plains, NY; Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford, CT; New Millennium Hotel, New York, NY; One Center Street, New York, NY; Foxwoods Resort & Casino, Mashantucket, CT; Bronxdale Community Center, Bronx, NY; and G. Fox Department Stores, Hartford, CT.

Some of Hindustan Marble and Granite's most recent commercial applications include Indian-based offices for Fidelity, Wipro Systems, Infosys Technologies, HCL Technologies, IBM and Microsoft.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Stone World 

You must login or register in order to post a comment.



Image Galleries

Cevisama product gallery 2015

The 2015 edition of Cevisama was a showcase of the latest trends in tile design, including textured surfaces, colorful mosaics and worn concrete aesthetics

Stone World Magazine

Stone World April 2015 cover

2015 April

This issue of Stone World contains our annual “Report from Brazil.” In addition to articles on Granito Zucchi and Antolini’s operations, there are several other features on Brazilian stone producers as well as a review of the show, including a Stone Gallery of the many stones that were displayed on the exhibition floor.

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Contemporary Stone & Tile Design Magazine

CSTD Spring 2015 cover

2015 Spring

In this issue of Contemporary Stone & Tile Design, we bring you our annual focus on Kitchen & Bath Design. From a beach-inspired bathroom design to a kitchen backsplash made of circular mosaic tile, the following are filled with illustrations of innovative and unique uses of stone and tile.

Table Of Contents Subscribe


Are you aware of the new stone standard – ANSI/NSC 373 Sustainability Assessment for Natural Dimension Stone?
View Results Poll Archive

The Stone World Store

How to Polish & Restore Marble Flooring

This video will show you step-by-step how to resurface and polish marble flooring from grinding and removing lippage and scratches to achieving a highly reflective polish.

More Products

Stone Industry Education

Stone Industry Education

From fabrication...to installation...to marketing and much more!  We provide natural stone professionals with stone knowledge and education they can count on, as well as great networking opportunities. Click here to go to Stone Industry Education.


facebook logo Twitter  YouTubeGoogle+

Stone Guide 2014

2014 Stone World Stone Guide

The directory for Stone, Equipment and Supplies - the single information resource readers turn to.